Seville Orange Marmalade with Gin
We can highly recommend that you make this delicious seville orange marmade with a splash of our Penrhos Rhubarb gin! This will mean you have delicious marmalade on hand for on toast or to create delicious cocktails with. The citrus notes mixed with our tangy and tart Rhubarb gin makes a delicious and distinctive spread!
This is a lovely job on a bleak winters day. Stay cosy inside and listen to the marmalade bubbling away. It makes the kitchen smell amazing!
- 500g Seville oranges
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 500g jam sugar
- 100ml Penrhos Rhubarb Gin
- Place the Seville oranges into a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to the boil with a lid on the pan. Boil for 1.5 hours. (Keep topping up the pan with boiling water to make sure the oranges are always covered with water.)
- Remove the oranges from the pan and allow to cool. Reserve 200ml of the cooking water and discard the rest.
- Cut each orange into quarters and remove any pips. Use a spoon to scrape the pulp from each quarter and leave to one side.
- Thinly slice the orange peel and add to the pan along with the pulp and the 200ml of delicious cooking water.
- Add the lemon juice and jam sugar to the pan. To help dissolve the sugar, slowly bring to the boil and gently stir.
- Boil for around 8 minutes stirring regularly to stop the marmalade catching on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the Penrhos Rhubarb gin and stir gently.
- Spoon into sterilised jars, seal and label.
If you love our marmalade recipe why not try making our Breakfast Martini – perfect for when you get to the end of the jar! Click here for the recipe.